Uncategorized

Ditching the “Eff it” Attitude

I hope everyone had a fun and relaxing Fourth of July weekend! I know I did. I got to catch up with a lot of friends who I hadn’t seen in a while, I spent my whole Saturday playing Marco Pollo with my little cousins in the pool, and I ate home-made ice cream. What more could a girl want? 

Get in my belly.

While I was talking to a friend who is also passionate about health and wellness, we got onto the topic of how it’s so hard to not just develop an “eff it” attitude after a weekend of laziness, food, and alcohol if you’re of age. If you’re like my friend and I, you probably spent your whole weekend eating pasta salads, hotdogs, chips, and dip. Besides my rigorous game of Marco Pollo, I engaged in verrrry little activity this weekend, and I really did develop an “eff it” attitude about food and exercise. But America’s birthday is only once a year, and such is life. 

But it really is hard to know when to draw the line and go back to reality. In my opinion, there is really no wrong way to eat, but I can’t treat hot dogs as a main food group forever. I myself am working on ditching the “eff it” attitude, and here’s how I plan to do it! 

I’m definitely planning a workout into my day tomorrow. Not to “make up for” the calories I consumed this weekend, but to just get my body moving and feeling refreshed again. I’ve found that the earlier in the week I can manage to fit in some activity, the better I am at staying active throughout the week. A workout that I really enjoy is running for the length of a song, then walking for the length of a song, and alternating this for about 25 minutes on the treadmill. After that I do muscle-targeting strength exercises for about 30 minutes. Pinterest is a great resource to use for strength-building workouts if you’re ever stuck on what to do! 

I’ve never been a huge meal prep girl, but I’ve decided I’m going to give it a try this week. If you come from a family like mine, then you were sent to college with a million different sets of Tupperware. I’m going to be utilizing these for meal prepping! My dinner I have in mind for tomorrow is sautéed broccoli, tomato, onion, chickpeas, and shrimp drizzled with roasted garlic oil and some raspberries. Lunch this week is out of my hands, as I mentioned in my previous post, so I’ll just make do with that I can. I’m definitely a newbie to this whole meal prepping thing though, so I’ll let y’all know how it goes in a later blog post!

I’m excited to eat this honestly.

Lastly, I’m going to do my best to follow 80/20 eating! This is basically the principle of eating foods that really benefit your body 80% of the time, and “fun” foods 20% of the time. The 80% would be things like fruits, veggies, lean proteins, whole grains, etc… The other 20% includes things like sweets, sugary beverages like lattes and soda, alcohol, and of course foods like pizza and burgers. If I’m not able to follow 80/20 eating, I’m not going to beat myself up, because life and cravings happen. 

This week I’m bound to miss a workout or get lazy and eat pizza for dinner. This doesn’t mean I’ve messed up, but the thing that matters is how I choose to resume afterwards. I can choose to move forward and make choices that fuel my body, or I can go back to the “eff it” attitude and throw my plans to the wind. I’m going to choose to keep moving forward, because that’s what my body deserves. And that’s what you deserve too. 

4 thoughts on “Ditching the “Eff it” Attitude”

    1. Thank you! I’ve found that pacing myself throughout makes for an enjoyable, yet still good-rounded cardio session. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to reading your future posts as well!

      Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s